Saturday, July 14, 2012

Let's Try That Again Shall we...

As reported in previous posts, Pat and I utterly failed to get two new armies ready for the Doubles Tournament in February. I did however, get the Flesh Eaters up to scratch in time for it though, adding a Medic to the army. I'll post the full 875 point force, including those award-winning objectives (yes, they did actually win "Best Objectives"!) in a future post. I'll also post the full 1750 Flesh Eater army as well, which went on to win Bristol Vanguard Vanquish 2012 gaming tournament. In the mean time, the invincible Pat and Matt team up continues, this time in 6th edition 40K. I'm looking to take my Imperial Fists, as I'm convinced lots of Tactical Squads in Rhinos that can fall back and rally are the way to go. They do need some support in the gunishment stakes, hence this chap. Just finished building him, and he obviously needs painting, but I reckon quad-Autocannon should be good for shooting down pesky aircraft. I wanted him to look heavily reinforced, to support the weight and recoil of the massive cannons, so I used the Ironclad Dreadnought body. If I can fit them on the base, I'll try and add some Big-O style reinforcement chains that he's shot into the ground to counter the enormous recoil.


No comments: