Monday, September 22, 2008

To Me, Loyal Goons!

The sergeant of Squad 1 may be complete, but what kind of leader would he be without a crew of loyal henchmen to carry out his every whim? These chaps will get painted as soon as I get round to it (those with Action Man Eagle eyes will note that I've started shading a few of these already). Soon they'll be pilfering wallets and scrumping for apples with the best of them.









Note the unnecessary, pretentious touches, like marine with hawk, marine with bionic leg stolen from a Necron warrior (healthcare is SO expensive these days) and marine in mk4 armour with giant flashlight.










These goons include squad leader / 2nd in command, sniper rifle and special weapon operator. I figure that if in the new marine codex all marines with boltguns also have bolt pistols, then the marines with plasma guns must also have plasma pistols, right? The GT judges will allow that, right? Right?














And they all ride to battle in the giant yellow fun bus. The black stuff at the front is additional stowage / equipment. Those who've seen my tanks before will know my insatiable thirst for stowage. Unfortunately I'm starting to run out of the Tamiya Modern US army equipment sprues. Does anyone have any?

I still need to do a Plasma Cannon for these boys. And I will, just a soon as I think of an unnecessary conversion for him. Probably involving huge amounts of protection for when his gun explodes, attempting to kill him. And I do mean WHEN, not IF.

No comments: